logo header

April 18, 2014, 06:07:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat(1)  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AA-12 Fully Auto Shotgun for Airsoft  (Read 7294 times)
dragunov

« on: August 08, 2012, 11:42:43 AM »

Any one know of one? It would be really cool! Aeg tri sot, gas blowback.

Philippians 4:13
Boomer
SLM

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 01:57:35 PM »

You had me at aa12, then tri shot, but when you mentioned gas blowback.....you sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. I havnt heard of anybody making them yet. Might have to email some companies.

.....a God-damned sexual tyranosaurus!
Aeros
Global Moderator

C.O. of the Knights

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 01:59:10 PM »

I personally havent heard of such a thing for airsoft, but that would be pretty cool.  I think one of the reasons we havent seen one yet is due to the hurdles youd have to overcome to engineer something like that for airsoft.. because as shotguns in airsoft are now, a single 'shell' acts as a magazine, instead of being the 'round' itself

i think i recall madbull creating a gas filled shotgun shell (basically a 12gague equivalent of a 40mm m203 airsoft round) that was designed to be a training ammunition to fit real shotguns, and that would work to build an airsoft AA12 off of, except i think that idea got shot down really quickly due to people bringing up fears of people bringing real shotguns to an airsoft field that have the chance to be accidentally loaded with live ammunition

Brown Spoon Brigade Chief!

"(16:17:43) Dozer: lol wtf u damn gremlin lol send me a money order"
dragunov

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 02:03:10 PM »

Thank you Boomer and Areos.And about the mag problem and shells, I thought you could take the idea of the thompson mag, how it slides in, but somehow grab three bbs.

Noober
SLM

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 02:19:59 PM »

This was a project that a buddy of mine is Texas did. He converted a Shotgun to external gas and its loaded shellby shell. Each shell holds 3-5 rounds.

Maruzen M1100 M1014 GBB Custom build

South Louisiana Marauders - Commanding Officer
www.gumboarmory.com
Aeros
Global Moderator

C.O. of the Knights

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 02:24:51 PM »

@dragunov: oh.. hmm I hadnt thought about it that way, but that could work pretty well

and noober, thats awesome haha

armystrong365

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 01:41:54 PM »

@ I know pistols have modified barrels for simunition rounds, but i dont know if it applies to shotguns. If it did, couldint the real shotguns have a chance? Just a thought

theres no x and o's, its just how it goes, when friends turn foes, i keep calicoes, its aimed at your chest brother
Aeros
Global Moderator

C.O. of the Knights

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 02:02:12 PM »

probably not unless they changed the gas shotgun shell, besides that, it would be a really unfeasible skirmish weapon, cause those gas shells would probably cost an arm and leg for what they are, not to mention the high chance of loosing some

King93

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 08:57:36 AM »

I like the Idea! The shotgun in the vid is awesome as well! i'm curious as to what he did to it.
Sarge

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 06:55:44 PM »

I know people are looking for realism in this shotgun as far as using shells but if nothing else just get a mid or hi-cap built for an AA-12 and build the gun and mag to feed 3 or more bbs at a time

YOU'VE BEEN SARGED
dragunov

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 07:07:08 PM »

I know people are looking for realism in this shotgun as far as using shells but if nothing else just get a mid or hi-cap built for an AA-12 and build the gun and mag to feed 3 or more bbs at a time
  Thats what I said!

gdub

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 11:21:42 PM »

this is interesting, come to think of it, when you say AA-12 I think "frag round" which is impossible in the airsoft world. but tri barrels yes, and GBB yes, since its kind of hard for me to picture making a gearbox with 3 cylinders or airnozzles and what not, although maybe someone could make a gearbox with an air nozzle that has 1 port for the air intake part and 3 ports for the barrels. but then theres the magazine thing. which could probably be stolen from the tokyo marui shotties.

Airsoft is a sport, not a hobby.
Pirate Tiger

The Tiger Everyone Loves to Hate.

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 06:38:08 AM »

You guys are looking at it all wrong,

Look at how some of those MGL's work, when you pull the trigger the firing pin activates, the 40mm goes off and when you release the trigger it spins around much like a revolver works,

Now it wouldn't be REAL full auto unless you can figure a way to add in a blow back system and spend a fortune on gas shells.

The easiest way I see it working is to have a semi auto version working on the revolver system that you can fire as fast as your trigger finger.

Besides, when are you gonna need full auto in any airsoft situation?

Pirate Tiger

The Tiger Everyone Loves to Hate.

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 08:41:52 PM »

They call me,     ThreadKiller

Gunney

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 06:03:01 AM »

I'm with dragunov and sarge on this, a gbb seems like it has too many engineering obstacles to overcome.  I don't know much about aeg gearbox construction but it seems that that is a much better option.  A round drum or hicap mag for an aeg (aa12) that shoots from 3-5 bb's in one shot would definitely be an ENORMOUS leap in close quarters fighting as far as airsoft is concerned. 
Nepsilon
KAG

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 02:54:53 PM »

As cool as it would be it would to have, it would first cost a fortune to cover all of their R&D costs. Secondly, it would feature a set of complex internals with most likely proprietary parts. As for CQB advantages, if you're already firing at close ranges, an extra 2 rounds out of the barrel doesn't help make up for the giant shotgun you're lugging around. A PDW or short-barreled variant would top it every time.
dragunov

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 05:27:32 PM »

http://www.popularairsoft.com/news/want-see-airsoft-aa-12-shotgun Trying to find this information and found it, It IS BEING MADE!

gdub

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 03:47:31 PM »

woot

Airsoft is a sport, not a hobby.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: